The fish processing industry is the fisherman’s customer, and it is the customer who pays for the resulting product. This presents a number of requirements to the product. It must be
- Fresh and healthy
- Not affected by external influences, such as bruising, gaff holes etc.
- Correct bleeding, head-cutting and gutting
- Correct cleaning of the abdominal cavity
- Sorting of fish species and sizes
- Correct packaging
- Correct and complete labeling
- Correct temperature at both icing and freezing
If one or more of these points are neglected, it will result in a lower price for the product, and faults in the raw material cannot be corrected in the processing. Good raw materials result in satisfied customers!