- The flesh is nicely white
- The bellies are nicely white
- There are no traces of blood
Four examples of fish with quality errorsWe will here illustrate the difference between fish with quality errors and of good quality.
- Here we see faulty cutting, with loose collarbones
- This fish has been manually cut in an incorrect manner, and there are traces of liver
- Here there are many fissures, and the flesh has a flabby consistency
- Here, the gutting cut is incorrect. The cut is made to the left of the anal fin. If the cut is made to the right, there will be a loose flap.
- Correct cutting, with a rounded neck area
- No loose collarbones
- Nicely white fish which has been well bled